Cucumber raita is a refreshing and flavorful condiment that is commonly served with Indian dishes. It is made with cucumbers, yogurt, and a variety of spices and herbs. This simple cucumber raita recipe is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the grated cucumber, yogurt, cumin seeds, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, pepper, and garam masala.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and green chili (if using).
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the cucumber raita chilled, garnished with additional cilantro if desired.
This simple cucumber raita is a delicious and refreshing condiment that pairs well with a variety of Indian dishes. It is cool and creamy, with a subtle blend of spices and herbs. The grated cucumber adds a crunchy texture and a refreshing flavor.
This cucumber raita recipe is easy to customize to your taste. You can adjust the spices and herbs to suit your preferences, and add additional ingredients such as diced onions or tomatoes for added flavor and texture. You can also try using flavored yogurt, such as Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt, for a different twist on the traditional recipe.
Cucumber raita is a healthy and flavorful addition to any meal. It is low in calories and packed with nutrients, making it a great choice for a light and refreshing side dish. Serve it alongside your favorite Indian dishes, or use it as a dip for veggies or pita chips. You can also enjoy it as a refreshing snack on its own.
Give this simple cucumber raita recipe a try and add a touch of flavor and refreshment to your meals. It’s a delicious and versatile condiment that is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.